Collection, accounting and membership fee clarifications
Collection of membership fee
The employer and member of the Union agree together on the collection of the membership fees by filling in the agreement to collect trade union fees.
The Union informs the employer in the beginning of December every year the amount of the membership fee that shall be valid for one calendar year at a time.
The employer shall collect the membership fee for the wage calculation period and accounts the sum to Trade Union Pro's bank account by the due date:
• FI76 1521 3000 1039 47
• FI58 5780 0710 0208 48
• FI38 8000 1601 5016 05.
• Membership fees detained between 1 January 2012 and 30 June 2012 are accounted by 15 August 2012.
• Membership fees detained between 1 July 2012 and 31 December 2012 are accounted by 31 January 2013.
• Clarification can be made quarterly as well.
The clarification must include the following details:
• Trade Union Pro's code 022
• Name of the employer
• Employer's accounting ID (the employer's VAT code without the hyphen)
• Member's name and social security number
• Amount of the trade union fee and the period of time the fee has been collected.
As the employment ends, the collection termination notification must be filled in.
Delivering the clarification to the Union
As a TYVI file (TYVI = data streams between companies and the authorities)
• A software operated via the Internet and offered by operators Aditro Human Resources (former TietoEnator-link), Itella-Pro (former Elma), and WM-data Oy.
• Pro and the above-mentioned operators have agreed on sending the trade union fee information in electronic form via the TYVI system.
• TYVI is supervised and developed by the Ministry of Finance. For additional information, please visit www.tieke.fi/tyvi/.
As a disk or email file
• The file must be an ASCII or ANSI text file prepared by the payroll administration.
• The contents of the file must follow the standard field list.
• Note! The Union does not accept files sent in spreadsheet computation or text processing form.
• The Logica system: As the employer informs in file form also the membership fees of other trade unions to the Logica system, Pro's clarification information can be added to the file with the code 022. Logica shall convey the information for all unions, Pro included.
Clarification lists shall be sent to the following address: Trade Union Pro / Employer Debt Collection, PL 183 00181 Helsinki.
As member-specific reference data
• Member-specific references include information on the person and on the payment period so the employer does not have to make separate clarification.
• Member-specific references can be used for the membership fees of 1–5 persons accounted on a monthly basis. Each person has his own month-specific reference number.
Pro sends information on the trade union fee to the tax administration
The tax administration shall deduct the membership fees of trade unions automatically. Pro informs the tax authorities annually on the trade union fees paid.
Employer Debt Collection's contact information:
Telephone +358 9 1727 3390
Fax +358 9 1727 3330