Policies in 2011–2012
On 12 December, Trade Union Pro's body of representatives accepted in the “2010 Toimintalinjat” document (2011–2012) the vision that has been recorded in the Union's rules as well.
Pro's vision has been created from the viewpoint of the members. It describes what kind of working life the Union wants for its members in ten years' time.
According to the vision, the members of Pro must be provided fair working life and equal and safe society. A person who is working must be able to live on the pay he or she gets. Also in other life situations the basic security must be secured.
Pro wants to offer its members the possibility to develop in their work and the right to flexibly combine their work and time off.
The strategy – how can the vision be implemented?
In order to implement the vision, Pro has set strategic goals.
Workplace safety net
- Pro's members have a safety net in their workplace that ensures equal treatment of the personnel. The interests of the members are safeguarded by the shop steward who is guaranteed to be able to work in peace.
- The Union ensures implementation of common terms of employment with collective agreements.
- The members can influence their working conditions and their circle of life by participating for example the Union's operation or forums.
- In society, Pro advances its members' benefit by affecting the legislation.
Appropriate wage development
- Pro's supervision of interests covering the various fields (60 collective agreements) ensures appropriate wage development for the Union members. Professional skills are considered in the wage and career development.
- Pro ensures that the basic and change security are in order and guarantee a sufficient income.
Flexibility at work and training
- Pro requires the working hours to be flexible to suit the life situation of the employee. For example, with collective agreements, the Union aims to ensure that the members have sufficient amount of free time.
- With collective agreements the Union aims to provide its members the right and possibility to reschedule their working hours.
- Pro supports the educational system that ensures versatile basic and supplementary education. As the tasks change, the Union members must have the possibility to participate training both at work and during their free time.
- By influencing the educational policy, Pro ensures that the fields it represents have a sufficient number of skilled professionals.